Somerset v Durham: Parking & Road Closures
With the highly anticipated 2015 season set to get underway on Sunday, we would like to draw your attention to a number of road closures that will be in operation on the day due to the Taunton Marathon.
We would also like to reiterate the current situation regarding match day parking in order to ensure that everyone gets to the ground safely and in good time.
ROAD CLOSURES – TAUNTON MARATHON
With Taunton Marathon taking place on Sunday please make a note of the roads that will be affected by this event.
- Traffic will be held in Wellington Road in both directions for approximately 10 minutes from 10.25am to allow the runners to leave the off-road start line at Somerset College at 10.30am prompt. Once the pack has reached Staplegrove they will begin to spread out and traffic will be able to pass with care.
- Traffic will be held in East Street, Station Road, Staplegrove Road and Greenway Road as the main bulk of runners go through the town.
- Silk Mills Road will be closed to through traffic from 10.30am to 3pm in both directions between Netherclay Lane and Bindon Road . The road is open at the Bishops Hull end for two way traffic to Heron Drive , with access to St Margaret’s Hospice, Abbeyfield and Avery Plant Centre. The diversion route through the town will be signed.
- The bridge at Bradford-on-Tone will be closed between 11am and 1pm to all traffic. The diversion is via Nynehead.
- Drivers in Bishops Hull itself are asked to follow a voluntary one-way system that flows with the runners, down Bishops Hull Hill and Netherclay Lane , but up Waterfield Drive .
- The exit to Wellington Road from Bishops Hull Road will be closed.
More details on the Marathon and its road closures can be found by clicking here
Parking within the County Ground will be reduced this year due to the Somerset Pavilion construction. We will continue to provide a limited number of disabled parking spaces which can be booked in advance through Reception as is in previous years (Tel: 0845 337 1875), but general match day parking will be very limited.
Outside of the ground it is important to note that the public car park in Priory Bridge Road is now closed for development. However, there is substantial public parking available on the market square which is now operated on a pay and display basis by a private operator. You are able to purchase an all-day ticket. Please note that the car park can only be accessed by vehicle through Canal Road but the Club will open a pedestrian route across the “blue bridge” to make it easier to get to the ground both before and after matches. There are of course a number of parking options available across the town centre.
To download the Car Parking Information Guide (provided by Taunton Deane Borough Council), please click here: 2015 Taunton Car Parking Information
We look forward to seeing you at The County Ground on Sunday.