Under 19 T20 is back for 2016
The NatWest U19 Club T20 is coming back to Somerset in the summer after 2015 saw the national launch.
What is U19T20?
Young players compete in fast paced matches with and against their friends in a great social atmosphere. It offers a format of cricket designed to inspire and enthuse young people to stay in the game at their clubs.
Over 450 clubs took part nationally in 2015 with 25 in Somerset and the impact was huge:
• 97% of ‘at risk’ players said they were now more likely to continue playing next year.
• 2 in 3 clubs saw players returning to play.
• 75% of players also became ‘volunteers’ to help set up matches.
What can you expect if you enter?
The Somerset Cricket Board want to build upon the success of this year and make 2016 bigger and better.
Participating clubs can expect the following:
• Free training for volunteers.
• Access to discounted T20 kit both locally & nationally
• Support package from ECB & SCB – including activation pack, player statistics package and interaction on social media.
• Pink U19T20 balls.
• 4 – 6 U19T20 fixtures, leading to a 12 team County Finals Day which saw The Deane Diamonds defeating “The Saints” in the Final in 2015
Once clubs have entered, the Somerset Cricket Board will place teams in to leagues based on geographical location by 14th December, with fixtures to be played at convenient times for clubs between late June and early August. County Finals Day is being planned now and after the success of the 2015 event at Uphill Castle CC and Weston Super Mare CC, it promises to be a fantastic event for all involved once again.
Your U19 team will be invited to a launch meeting in early 2016 to help them take ownership of the competition and organise their own match day experience which saw clubs in 2015 do some of the following:
- Coloured clothing
- Player profiles/match programme
- Team dugout areas
- Club junior section- Guard of Honour
- 4 and 6 cards
- Social media coverage
To assist clubs with the matchday experience, Somerset County Cricket Club will be providing each club that enters with their own “Blast Pack”. This will include 4/6 cards, clappitts and Somerset novelty headbands.
My club are interested but not sure we have enough players?
The competition is open to players between the age of 14-19. The Cricket Board are also happy for amalgamated teams to enter as this may suit smaller clubs and give them the opportunity to compete.This was done successfully in the Chew Valley with a number of clubs merging to enter one area team.
How do you enter?
To express your clubs interest today click here
Alternatively Somerset Clubs are now able to formally enter the 2016 competition by clicking here
The cost of entry to affiliated clubs is £45 which includes the provision of pink match balls for every game.
All entries should be completed and returned by Monday 7th December 2015.
If you are ready for “Blast Off” then click here to watch this short video on what you could be involved in this summer.