Somerset Cricket Groundsmen’s Association re-launching in 2017
Somerset Cricket Board are delighted to announce the re-launch of the Somerset Cricket Groundsmen’s Association in 2017!
What is the Somerset Cricket Groundsmen’s Association (SCGA) and why is it re-launching?
The association has been a source of support to clubs offering advice on how to improve pitches and providing access to specialist equipment through the trailer scheme. After a period of relative inactivity the association is re-launching and aims to:
- Improve the standard of cricket pitches throughout the county
- Improve the standard of groundsmanship education
In addition the association will become responsible for:
- Groundsman Development, including training courses, networking opportunities and ongoing learning
- Offering the use of specialist machinery through the use of the SCB Trailer
- Offering, via SCGA Pitch Advisors, a range of chargeable services with a clear schedule of charges
- Providing savings on essential materials at competitive prices
- Offering local support, help and advice
- Providing, through the SCGA Pitch Advisors, pitch advisory visits
- Raising the profile and promoting Groundsmanship across Somerset.
When is the re-launch?
The re-launch is taking place on Sunday January 15th at The Fox & Goose Inn (TA9 4HH) starting at 6.30pm. The evening will discuss the Association, its purpose and how it can benefit your club but also give you the opportunity to tell us what you would like to see.
All those attending will be treated to a free buffet and will be entered in to a draw to win a pair of germination & frost sheets for your club courtesy of Stuart Canvas.
How do I sign up for the meeting?
Clubs can sign up for the meeting very simply by clicking here. It is open to any groundsmen who works in the cricket network (clubs, schools or professionally).
For more information regarding the Association please contact Matt Counsell