Live match feed
- The players are off for bad light with Yorkshire on 148/2.
- Wicket! Lyth is caught by Groenewald for 51 and gives Trego the 2nd wicket. Yorkshire are 121/2 and trail by 63.
- Wicket! Trego makes the break through as Lees is caught behind for 23. Yorkshire are 44/1 and trail by 140.
- WICKET - Kieswetter is out stumped by Bairstow for 17. Somerset are 437 all out and lead by 184 runs.
- WICKET - Thomas is caught Leaning bowled Rashid for 0. Somerset are 428/9.
- Wicket. Groenewald caught by Leaning from the bowling of Rashid for 1. Somerset are 426/8 and lead by 173.
- Lunch. Somerset are 426/7 and lead by 173 runs. Kieswetter 14* and Groenewald 1*
- Wicket. Trego is caught by Root from the bowling of Rashid for a rapid 41. Somerset are 424/7.
- WICKET - Hildreth is bowled by Patterson for 7. Somerset are 373/6
- WICKET - Leach is caught Bairstow bowled Patterson for 43. Somerset are 364/5.
- 350 up for Somerset! 353/4 with Leach 34* and Hildreth 5*.
- WICKET - Abell is caught Lyth bowled Brooks for 75 off 149 balls. That brings Hildreth to the crease. Somerset are 335/4.
- We are underway in Yorkshire. Somerset resuming on 319/3. Abell 71* & Leach 10*.
- CLOSE - 319/3 off 89 overs- Abell 71* and Leach 10*
- Compton b Patterson 156- 304/3 off 85.5. Jack Leach new bat
- 150 for Nick Compton
- 82.3- Compton single off Rashid brings up his 150 off 224 balls with 23x4 and 1x6
- 50 for Tom Abell from 88 balls. Somerset are 263/2.
- 100 for Nick Compton! Somerset are 214/2
- 200 up for Somerset! Compton 89* & Abell 29*.
- ...and that is Tea in Leeds! Somerset are 196/2. Compton 85* & Abell 29*.
- 50 for Compton!
- Wicket. Trescothick is caught by Lyth from the bowling of Root for 66. Somerset are 150/2.
- 50 for Marcus Trescothick! Somerset 102/1
- That\'s the 100 up for Somerset for the loss of just 1 wicket.
- We are back underway in Leeds. Somerset resuming on 78/1 after Lunch.
- Lunch. Somerset are 78/1 at the break and therefore trail by 175 with 9 wickets remaining in the 1st innings. Trescothick 37* & Compton 27*.
- That\'s the 50 up for Somerset! 50/1 with Trescothick 36* and Compton 0*
- Wicket. Myburgh goes for 14 as he is caught by Lyth from the bowling of Patterson. Somerset are 42/1.
- WICKET! Jack Brooks is caught by Trescothick from the bowling of Trego for 21. Yorkshire all out for 253.
- Play is underway on time at Leeds. Yorkshire resume on 241/9.
- WICKET! Patterson is Kieswetter, bowled Trego for 13 and Yorkshire are 206 for 8.
- WICKET! Yorkshire are 181 for 7 as Pyrah is lbw to Groenewald for 2.
- Yorkshire are 6 down now as Rashid is caught and bowled by Groenewald for 0, 177 for 6.
- WICKET! Lees is caught behind off the bowling of Trego for 83, Yorkshire 173 for 5 now.
- Wicket for Trego as he bowls Bairstow for 8, Yorkshire are 132 for 4.
- Lunch on Day 1 and Yorkshire are 112 for 3, Bairstow 1* and Lees 53*
- Wicket! Danger man Root is bowled by Jamie Overton for 35 and Yorkshire are 95 for 3.
- Second wicket of the morning also goes to Thomas as Ballance is caught by Trescothick for 7, Yorkshire 38 for 2.
- Wicket! Thomas has Lyth caught at slip by Hildreth for 10 and Yorkshire are 24 for 1.
- XI: Trescothick*, Myburgh, Compton, Abell, Hildreth, Kieswetter†, Trego, J Overton, Groenewald, Thomas and Leach Yorkshire XI: Lyth, Lees, Ballance, Root*, Bairstow†, Leaning, Rashid, Pyrah, Patterson, Sidebottom and Brooks
- News from Leeds is that Yorkshire have won the toss and will bat first, team news to follow...
Pete Trego took a career best 7 for 84 on a dramatic final day to the last match of the season at Headingley which eventually ended in a draw after Somerset almost pulled off a victory against champions Yorkshire.
Somerset take 12 points from this game compared to Yorshire’s 9 as a result of which they end sixth in the table- the same as last year.
After the game the career best bowler, whose wickets take his tally for the season to 49 said: ” It was a crazy day. We went out there to give it our best shot and to be in with a chance of grabbing a victory at the end of the day was awesome. Obviously it wasn’t to be but I got on a bit of a roll and the guys at the other end did a really good job and it was a brilliant Somerset performance to get us in with a sniff.
“Unfortunately it fell away in the end as we could quite get the runs but it was definitely a day for the bowlers.
Today was as good as I have ever bowled both statistically and the way that the ball was coming out and it could have been more, but it was really exciting to be able to do my bit to give us the chance of getting a win.
Of course the shine is taken off a little bit because we couldn’t quite see it through and get the win which would have meant a decent placing in the table and would have been special.
However it was not to be but it was a great personal achievement and a high note for me to finish on.
Talking about Tom Abell who scored 75 in the first innings and 34 in the second the bowling hero said: ” Abes is a special talent who has got a bright future ahead of him. Every time he goes out to bat he impresses everyone about him and he is a real class act. He will score a lot of runs for Somerset in the future and he is really good to have around.
“It looked like we were going to have a day that was going to fizzle out into a familiar fourth day draw but it was far from that. It would have been nice to win but it was a good day’s cricket to end the season with.”
Resuming this morning on 148 for 2 Trego started the day as he meant to go on when he had Gary Ballance leg before for 69 in the sixth over, with the total on 178.
Yorkshire ‘keeper Jonny Bairstow hit a rapid 49 before he was caught by Craig Kieswetter off Jamie Overton, after adding 110 for the fourth wicket in 17.4 overs with Joe Root.
Root was joined by Jack Leaning and the pair saw the hosts through to lunch by which time the total had moved onto 290 off 71 overs.
At this stage of the game a draw looked to be the most likely outcome of the day but soon after the interval when Jack Leach bowled Root for 97 with the score 313, Yorkshire lost their remaining wickets for 52 runs.
Trego accounted for the next three wickets to fall, when he had Adil Rashid caught by Kieswetter for 11 with the total on 330. The 2015 beneficiary then had Leaning caught by James Hildreth for 28 and five balls later in the same over bowled Steve Patterson for 4.
Leach had Richard Pyrah caught by Kieswetter for 11 before without addition Trego wrapped the innings off whene he bowled Ryan Sidebottom for no score as Yorkshire were all out for 365 just before 3pm.
Trego ended with his career best of 7 for 84 from 28.3 overs 6 of which were maidens
Chasing 182 for victory in 44 overs, Somerset lost Johann Myburgh for 1 with the total on 7 in the third over.
Nick Compton joined Marcus Trescothick and the pair added 55 together in 12.3 overs before the captain was out for 44 in the 15th over.
Compton took his score onto 18 when he was bowled by Brooks, before three wickets fell in 4 balls with the score on 83.
Kieswetter was LBW to Patterson for 3 off the last ball of the 24th over, Hildreth was run by Bairstow for 9 second ball of the 25th and with his next delivery Brooks bowled new batsman Trego for no score.
Tom Abell was joined by Tim Groenewald and the pair steadied the situation before taking the total onto 110 when the bowler was caught by Bairstow off Sidebottom for 1.
In the space of the next 4 overs Abell and Leach saw Somerset to 121 before the left arm spinner was stumped by Bairstow off Rashid for 8.
Abell and Jamie Overton added 14 but with the total on 135 the young batsman was caught by Rashid off Brooks for a run a ball 35.
Overton was joined by Alfonso Thomas with Somerset still needing 47 for victory off 6 overs.
Despite Overton hitting Brooks for 6 the total proved just beyond Somerset as finished on 151 for 9 off 44 overs, 31 short of their taget, and the game was drawn, Overton ending unbeaten on 12 and Thomas 8 not out.
- Marcus Trescothick
- Johann Myburgh
- Nick Compton
- Tom Abell
- James Hildreth
- Craig Kieswetter
- Peter Trego
- Jamie Overton
- Tim Groenewald
- Alfonso Thomas
- Jack Leach