Live match feed
- Rain stops play with 9 overs remaining today. Worcestershire are 28 for 2, Gidman 5* & Mitchell 15*. They trail by 222 runs. #WORvSOM
- OUT! Fell is caught by Trego off the bowling of Thomas for 1 and Worcestershire are 19 for 2. #WORvSOM
- OUT! Gregory makes the breakthrough as Oliver is caught and bowled for 3 and Worcestershire are 14 for 1. #WORvSOM
- ALL OUT! Rehman is caught at leg slip by Fell off the bowling of Shantry for 13. 250 all out. #WORvSOM
- Second batting point as the 250 comes up after 75 overs. 250 for 9, Rehman 13* and Thomas 12* #WORvSOM
- OUT! Overton is caught behind (41) & that\'s the 5th wicket for Worcestershire\'s Morris. 227 for 9, Thomas joining Rehman at the crease. #WORvSOM
- OUT! Gregory is caught by Senanayake off the bowling of Leach for 30, 221 for 7 with Overton 37* joined by Rehman at the crease. #WORvSOM
- #Tea on Day 1 and we are 212 for 7 from 64 overs, Both Gregory and Overton are 29* #WORvSOM
- 200 comes up with a Craig Overton 4 and that is also our first batting point. 200 for 7, Gregory 24* and Overton 22* ?#?WORvSOM?
- OUT! Trego nicks one to 2nd slip off the bowling of Leach for 14. 169 for 7 with Craig Overton joining Gregory (16*) at the crease. #WORvSOM
- OUT! Hildreth is now caught behind by Cox off the bowling of Leach for 41. 134 for 6 with Gregory joining Trego at the crease. #WORvSOM
- OUT! Barrow departs for 26 as Mitchell takes the catch off the bowling of Senanayake. Partnership of 61 with Hildreth (40*, Somerset 132 for 5 with Trego the next man in. #WORvSOM
- #Lunch on day 1 and we have reached 98 for 4, Hildreth 23* and Barrow 11*. Important afternoon session coming up in 40 minutes. #WORvSOM
- OUT! Allenby is caught by Mitchell off the bowling of Morris for 7 and we are 71 for 4 with Barrow joining Hildreth in the middle. #WORvSOM
- OUT! Morris strikes again as Cox takes the catch behind the stumps. Cooper is out for 30 and we are 59 for 3 in the 18th over. #WORvSOM
- OUT! Myburgh edges behind to Cox off the bowling of Morris for 11 & we are 50 for 2. Hildreth joins Cooper (26*) in the middle. #WORvSOM
- New ball please! Cooper hits a 6 as Somerset move onto 45 for 1, Cooper 21* and Myburgh 11* #WORvSOM
- OUT! Trescothick gloves behind to Cox off the bowling of Morris for 10 & we are 11 for 1 with Cooper joining Myburgh at the crease. #WORvSOM
- Worcs XI: Mitchell*, Oliver, Fell, Gidman, Kervezee, Whiteley, Cox†, Leach, Senanayake, Shantry and Morris
- Somerset XI: Trescothick*, Myburgh, Cooper, Hildreth, Barrow†, Allenby, Gregory, Trego, C. Overton, Thomas and Rehman
- Worcestershire have won the toss and will field first
Welcome to the first day of Somerset’s Division One LV= County Championship match against Worcestershire at New Road.
The weather news from the West Midlands is that despite overnight and early morning rain, play will start on time at 11am.
Regular updates will be posted on this website throughout the day on the live feed section at the top of the opening page and a report will appear later.
Tea, Day 1:
Hildreth and Barrow continued their useful partnership after lunch, adding 61 together before the latter was caught at slip off the bowling of Senanayake for 26. With the total on 132 for five, Peter Trego joined James Hildreth at the crease.
Unfortunately one wicket brought two as Hildreth was caught behind by Cox off the bowling of Leach for 41 with no further runs added to the Somerset total.
Trego and Gregory took the total to 169 before the former nicked Leach to second slip and the waiting Mitchell for 14. Craig Overton who is making his first appearance this season following injury joined Gregory at the crease.
Both Overton and Gregory continued to play their shots and took Somerset past 200 and their first batting bonus point. As we head into tea on the first day, both batsman are 29 not out with Somerset total on 212 for seven.
Lunch, Day 1:
Despite heavy overnight rain, play at New Road commenced on time at 11am this morning – one of the few matches to do so across the country.
Worcestershire won the toss and elected to field first, hoping to make full use of the damp conditions. Trescothick and Myburgh opened the batting for Somerset and Worcestershire made an early breakthrough when Trescothick gloved Morris behind to Cox with the score on 11.
Tom Cooper joined Myburgh at the crease and helped to take the score onto 50 with several boundaries, including one large six before the latter was caught behind by Cox again off the bowling of Morris for 11.
Morris continued to apply the pressure and two wickets fell in relatively quick succession, both caught behind. Firstly Cooper edged through to Cox for 30 with the score on 59. Allenby joined in-form batsman James Hildreth at the crease but was well caught at first slip by Worcestershire Captain Daryl Mitchell for seven leaving Somerset 71 for four with 40 minutes to go until the luncheon interval.
Wicketkeeper Alex Barrow (11*) joined Hildreth (23*) at the crease with Somerset in need of a partnership. Both batsman saw the away side through to lunch by which time Somerset were 98 for four from 29 overs.
Somerset XI: Trescothick*, Myburgh, Cooper, Hildreth, Barrow†, Allenby, Gregory, Trego, C. Overton, Thomas and Rehman
Worcs XI: Mitchell*, Oliver, Fell, Gidman, Kervezee, Whiteley, Cox†, Leach, Senanayake, Shantry and Morris