Job Vacancy: Regional Director of Women’s Cricket – Western Storm
Women’s & girls’ cricket is set to be transformed as part of the England and Wales Cricket Board’s (ECB) exciting strategy to Inspire Generations.
The Regional Director of Women’s Cricket role is an exciting opportunity to establish and lead a senior team and academy for the Region and to work collaboratively to deliver an accessible and inclusive player pathway which is underpinned by a thriving recreational game.
About Western Storm
Following on from four successful years in the Kia Super League, Western Storm has proudly become a household name across the South West. With existing strong links across the region, Western Storm has left an excellent legacy of programmes encouraging participation and support for women’s and girl’s cricket.
Five counties (Cornwall, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire) in the South West, and Wales have joined forces to lead the way in collaborative working for the greater benefit of performance and recreational cricket across our vast region.
With Western Storm’s existing legacy and the ECB’s new wider game strategy to Transform Women’s and Girls Cricket, this key appointment represents a substantial and exciting opportunity to play your part in both continuing and driving female cricket forward across our region.
The Regional Director of Women’s Cricket will provide leadership and strategic direction in the following key areas:
- Regional Senior Team
- Regional Academy
- Participation and Growth
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Extensive experience of delivering strategy through innovative and engaging interventions
- Experience and skills in budgeting, planning, programming, organisation and monitoring of key strategic priorities
- Knowledge of best practice principles underpinning talent development environments
- A clear passion for changing lives and making a difference through sport
- High standards of personal and professional integrity
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Resilience and a strong drive to deliver outstanding results
- Honesty and openness
- An appetite to constantly seek improvement in all aspects of work
Western Storm is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
To download the full job description, please click here. Due to the nature of this role and the substantial travel requirements for the region, a full, clean driving licence is essential. The successful applicant will also appreciate the varied working hours for this post which will include evenings and weekends in line with fixtures and coaching requirements.
If you feel you have the experience, skills and passion for both continuing and growing Western Storm across our region, with the strong desire to take women’s and girl’s cricket to the next level, please submit a written application. Your application should include a covering letter (specific to the job description and job advert) and CV outlining why you should be considered for the role. Please send applications to: recruitment@westernstorm,co.uk. The closing date for applications is Monday February 3rd, 2020 with interviews to be held at The Bristol County Ground during w/c 10th February 2020.
Job Vacancy: Commercial Director
Responsible for: All Commercial Revenue
Somerset County Cricket Club is a highly successful and varied sporting organisation that hosts international, first-class and women’s cricket, conferences and events and plays an important role in the local community.
In line with the Club Strategy for 2020 -2024, the Cooper Associates County Ground needs to become a commercially profitable entity which can both support the growth of the cricket department and the appropriate investment in our facilities which will propel the Club into a new era. The Commercial Director will lead all commercial activity and will be a key appointment within the leadership team.
To increase commercial income comes from existing sources:
- Commercial Partnerships and Sales
- Non-Match Day Sales (Conference & Events)
- Match Day Sales (Hospitality)
- Membership and Ticketing
- Marketing and Retail.
In addition, new revenue from digital products, services and content is expected to be established and developed.
As part of the Senior Leadership Team you will also support all projects and colleagues within the Club.
In summary, a high level of business acumen is a must, You will be working closely with our Senior Leadership Team to ensure all projects and relationships support the wider Club Strategy whilst exploring new innovative avenues to help increase our brand awareness and income streams.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be a strong leader who has a successful track record in delivering demanding commercial objectives through a dedicated and experienced team.
You will have fantastic communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with new clients with the aim of generating new sales, supporting existing partnerships and cross-selling when the opportunity arises. A confident go-getter, you will be professional and presentable and portray the high standards set by Somerset County Cricket Club.
These same skills are also required internally to build relationships with all departments and stakeholders and, during busy periods within cricket, they must be willing to step outside of their role and provide additional support where required whilst also working evenings and weekends in line with our fixture lists and events.
This is a demanding role but one which provides the opportunity to pioneer growth and change and it will be a crucial appointment within the business. In line with our Club Strategy, there is a willingness and a drive to move the Venue forward, so it is an exciting time to join the team.
What We Offer
- A competitive salary which reflects the importance of this role within the wider business, with a clear and attractive bonus structure
- 24 days holiday
- Pension Contribution
- 2 x Club & One Day Membership for use by Families and Friends
- Free Car Parking
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: whilst we will communicate with all applicants with regards to the status of their application, we are unable to provide direct feedback due to the number we are likely to receive.
JOB VACANCY: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Somerset County Cricket Club (SCCC) is well established as one of the leading professional cricket clubs in the UK. Winning the Royal London One–Day Cup and finishing as runners-up in the County Championship demonstrates that the Club can compete at the very highest level in all formats of the game.
In addition, the Club has continued to develop young talent, many of whom have already earned representative honours. This success and development have been matched off the field with, for example, new floodlights earning the club the privilege of hosting international cricket this year.
The Cooper Associates County Ground is also a well-known and respected venue which can be utilised 365 days of the year. With previous experience of hosting major concerts as well as a strong conference and events business, off the field, there are further growth and revenue opportunities to be maximised moving forward.
Taken together, Somerset County Cricket Club is an enviably successful club both on and off the field.
To deliver the strategy and lead the Club in all aspects of culture, mission, strategy, annual goals and objectives.
- With the Board, continue to formulate, modify and implement a strategy for the period 2020-2024 that aligns itself with the ECB strategy and support the delivery of a change of governance and constitution
- Ensure effective planning takes place across all business areas of SCCC
- Report to the Board on progress on business performance and on key issues
- Provide effective leadership and management to all staff to ensure cricketing and commercial objectives are met and exceeded
- Oversee all aspects of contractual arrangements for professional players identified by the Director of Cricket
- Work alongside the Somerset Cricket Board Executive Director to develop the functionality of the Somerset Cricket Board.
Finance and Commercial Operations
- Work with the Board and Heads of Department to set and deliver the annual budgets. Ensure SCCC complies with all laws, regulatory standards, guidelines and best practices with regard to its business
- With the Board review the Governance and constitution of SCCC and support the delivery of change
- With the commercial team, set and be accountable to the Board for commercial match day and non-match day revenue and profitability
- Ensure all aspects of SCCC are effectively marketed to maximise media coverage and are recognised in the local community and throughout the cricketing world
- Develop effective working relationships/partnerships with SCCC’s key stakeholders
- To manage and deliver future ground development plans.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record in managing and leading a business to include formulating a corporate strategy, and through an executive team, delivering growth and achieving agreed commercial objectives. Ideally this will be supported by a relevant qualification.
You will also demonstrate sound commercial and financial acumen. Evidence will include the presentation of business case ahead of an investment decision and the ongoing scrutiny of such a programme ahead of a successful financial return.
Experience of sport is not a pre-requisite but the ability to appreciate the professional game, its possible future developments and the implications for SCCC is critical.
Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities associated with the role of Chief Executive
This is a demanding interpersonal role because there are so many stakeholders so an abundance of enthusiasm, patience and, above all, leadership is required.
You will of course demonstrate success in managing a team of managers.
This enticing leadership role carries a competitive package in line with your desire and ambition. You will have the full support of a progressive committee that seeks to build on the Club’s track record and profile within the game to ensure that the challenges and opportunities of the future are capitalised upon.
Somerset will continue to develop skills and personal horizons; players are encouraged and developed to play for England. The same goes for the CEO and they will be supported to take the Club forward on all fronts.
If you have a track record of leadership and commercial success and relish this challenge, please send your CV including salary details to: email@example.com
OUR CATERING TEAM NEED YOU!
Somerset County Cricket Club’s Catering Team have various casual opportunities for enthusiastic people to join our successful team.
Flexible roles are available for people aged 18 and over within the Front of House Team and in the Bar Team.
All applicants must be prepared to work evenings and weekends.
Somerset County Cricket Club have high expectations and place our customers at the heart of everything that we do.
It is essential that our people believe in offering only the very best service in a professional and friendly way.
Reliability and commitment are key attributes, however successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate:
- A flair for customer service
- An engaging personality
- Strong communication
- Excellent time management
- Organisation skills
- A passion for quality
Previous experience is not essential (although preferable) as we will provide full training, however a positive work ethic is a must.
If you fulfill our criteria and are interested in working with us, then please email Sophie Cridland for more information.