Job Vacancy: Commercial Director
Responsible for: All Commercial Revenue
Somerset County Cricket Club is a highly successful and varied sporting organisation that hosts international, first-class and women’s cricket, conferences and events and plays an important role in the local community.
In line with the Club Strategy for 2020 -2024, the Cooper Associates County Ground needs to become a commercially profitable entity which can both support the growth of the cricket department and the appropriate investment in our facilities which will propel the Club into a new era. The Commercial Director will lead all commercial activity and will be a key appointment within the leadership team.
To increase commercial income comes from existing sources:
- Commercial Partnerships and Sales
- Non-Match Day Sales (Conference & Events)
- Match Day Sales (Hospitality)
- Membership and Ticketing
- Marketing and Retail.
In addition, new revenue from digital products, services and content is expected to be established and developed.
As part of the Senior Leadership Team you will also support all projects and colleagues within the Club.
In summary, a high level of business acumen is a must, You will be working closely with our Senior Leadership Team to ensure all projects and relationships support the wider Club Strategy whilst exploring new innovative avenues to help increase our brand awareness and income streams.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be a strong leader who has a successful track record in delivering demanding commercial objectives through a dedicated and experienced team.
You will have fantastic communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with new clients with the aim of generating new sales, supporting existing partnerships and cross-selling when the opportunity arises. A confident go-getter, you will be professional and presentable and portray the high standards set by Somerset County Cricket Club.
These same skills are also required internally to build relationships with all departments and stakeholders and, during busy periods within cricket, they must be willing to step outside of their role and provide additional support where required whilst also working evenings and weekends in line with our fixture lists and events.
This is a demanding role but one which provides the opportunity to pioneer growth and change and it will be a crucial appointment within the business. In line with our Club Strategy, there is a willingness and a drive to move the Venue forward, so it is an exciting time to join the team.
What We Offer
- A competitive salary which reflects the importance of this role within the wider business, with a clear and attractive bonus structure
- 24 days holiday
- Pension Contribution
- 2 x Club & One Day Membership for use by Families and Friends
- Free Car Parking
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: whilst we will communicate with all applicants with regards to the status of their application, we are unable to provide direct feedback due to the number we are likely to receive.
OUR CATERING TEAM NEED YOU!
Somerset County Cricket Club’s Catering Team have various casual opportunities for enthusiastic people to join our successful team.
Flexible roles are available for people aged 18 and over within the Front of House Team and in the Bar Team.
All applicants must be prepared to work evenings and weekends.
Somerset County Cricket Club have high expectations and place our customers at the heart of everything that we do.
It is essential that our people believe in offering only the very best service in a professional and friendly way.
Reliability and commitment are key attributes, however successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate:
- A flair for customer service
- An engaging personality
- Strong communication
- Excellent time management
- Organisation skills
- A passion for quality
Previous experience is not essential (although preferable) as we will provide full training, however a positive work ethic is a must.
If you fulfill our criteria and are interested in working with us, then please email Sophie Cridland for more information.
Somerset County Cricket Club are looking for enthusiastic and professional people to become match day stewards at the Cooper Associates County Ground.
Successful applicants would take an active role in ensuring the safety of all those attending fixtures at The Cooper Associates County Ground through a number of match day stewarding roles, including stand stewards, gate stewards, corporate stewards & turnstile operators.*
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assuming responsibility on behalf of the Club for ensuring the safety and security of those attending events at The Cooper Associates County Ground
- Reporting to the Ground at the time specified by the Safety Management Team
- Undertaking pre and post match safety checks in the Ground and reporting any identified issues
- Assisting in the safe operation of the Ground at all times
- Maintaining a positive and proactive approach to the role to assist the Club in delivering the highest standards of customer service and spectator safety
- Responding to emergencies, raising the alarm and taking the necessary immediate actions
- Effective liaison with facility & security teams
- Providing basic emergency first aid
- Undertaking all necessary training and assessment relating to the role
Applicants should have:
- Proven experience in customer service
- The ability to communicate effectively with all guest types
- Experience in conflict management and resolution
- The ability to remain calm
Applicants should also be:
- Positive & professional
- Competent in dealing with emergency situations
An understanding of cricket etiquette is preferable and an NVQ Level 2 Spectator Safety qualification is desirable however, full training will be provided.
Please click here to download the application form.
The application can be returned by sending an email or by returning it to the following address: Kelsey Mitchell, Somerset County Cricket Club, The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1JT.
*Please note there will not be the opportunity to watch the event(s) as focus on spectator safety will be key.