Job Vacancy: Finance Assistant
HOURS: 40 hours per week
SALARY: £20,000.00 Per Annum
Somerset County Cricket Club is a highly successful and varied sporting organisation that hosts almost 50 days of First Class cricket, numerous Conferences and Events throughout the year as well as playing an important role in the local community. We have 6,500 Members and crowds of 7,500 supporters for some matches. The Ground is also used for many other events such as Concerts and Open-Air Cinema evenings.
The Finance Assistant role involves supporting the Finance Manager and the ideal candidate will need to be comfortable with processing a high volume of invoices and confident working to deadlines. Alongside this you will also need to be able to show the following skill sets and behaviours:
- Experience within a busy finance function using Sage accountancy software and with knowledge of sales and purchase ledger systems is essential
- Good MS Office skills, including Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Being able to work in a team
- Good telephone manner – great communicator
- Organised, prioritised and flexible working ethic
- Flexible attitude towards work
- An open mind and willingness to learn
- Ability to cope with a varied workload including significant amount of cash handling
This is a key and demanding role in a busy organisation which has a strong Club ethos and camaraderie. Please note; that from April 2020 this role will involve some weekend and evening work in line with our fixture list and the nature of our business.
What We Offer
- Salary of £20,000.00 per annum pro rata
- 24 days holiday (plus statutory public holidays)
- Pension Contribution (subject to qualification)
- Free Car Parking
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or post one to Clare Mellor, Head of HR, Somerset County Cricket Club, Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1JT.
Please Note: whilst we will communicate with all applicants with regards to the status of their application, we are unable to provide direct feedback due to the number we are likely to receive.
Closing date: 28th February 2020Back to News