Membership Donation & Refund Policy - CEO Statement
To all Somerset Members,
I hope you and your loved ones are keeping well during these difficult times.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our Members for their patience and understanding over the last few months. The numerous messages of encouragement and support for the Club has been heartening and very much appreciated.
Further to my recent open letter and subsequent Club Statement, I am pleased to now be able to announce our policy with regards to 2020 Membership and the shortened season.
2020 Revised Membership Options
We are asking our loyal Members to support their Club during this difficult period by donating 100% of their 2020 Membership, becoming a “Hero of 2020”. This new Membership option, which is only available in 2020, will include the following benefits:
- Priority access to 2020 Match Day Ticket Ballots for free entry into the ground to watch live matches if spectators can return this season.
- Access to Backstage Pass. This innovative and exclusive new feature will bring you behind-the-scenes at Somerset throughout the 2020 season. Instant, uncut insight will be delivered straight to your device via the Backstage Pass WhatsApp group. This will include a first look at team and squad news, exclusive interviews during matches, ask your questions at the post-match press conferences, photos, highlights, digest emails, coverage from away fixtures and much more! Follow the team behind-the-scenes in these most unique of circumstances
- Access to exclusive Heroes of 2020 Events; Members Forums, Q&A’s. At least one event to be held every two weeks, starting from W/C 3rd
- Members name(s) to appear in a specially designed portrait of Marcus Trescothick which will be printed onto the newly renamed Marcus Trescothick Pavilion.
- No increase in Membership fee for 2021 and an enhanced ‘early bird’ discount of £50 if you renew your Membership for 2021 before 31 January.
- An exclusive invitation to the unveiling of the Marcus Trescothick Pavilion in 2021 and once social distancing measures ease. Further details to be announced in due course.
I hope that as many of our Members as possible will feel able to answer the call to be a ‘Hero of 2020.’ Those who cannot for whatever reason, can apply for a full refund.
Our 2020 Members will shortly receive a formal letter from me through the post. This letter will provide further context on why we are asking our Members for their support, along with further details on the next steps they need to take to become either a Hero of 2020 or to request a refund.
To download the Revised Application Form; please click here.
To answer any questions, you may have on this policy or the revised 2020 season, I will be available via a Zoom Call on Thursday evening, July 30th at 19:00. All 2020 Members will receive an invitation to the event over email, which includes the meeting code for you to join.
If you do not receive Membership communications from SCCC via email, you can register for the event by completing the form below.
For 2020 ticket purchasers, a further statement will be made by the end of this week.
Once again, I would like to thank you for your patience, understanding and ongoing support of Somerset County Cricket Club during this period.
Chief ExecutiveBack to News