New Website for Somerset CCC
Somerset County Cricket Club have launched a brand new website.
The new site has gone live after the Club carried out extensive market research in a bid to establish exactly what supporters wanted.
During the autumn of 2016 the Club gathered initial feedback from fans at a specially arranged Members’ lunch and followed this up by sending out a number of surveys to a database of 65,000 in order to establish how people use the site throughout the year.
Although the majority of the feedback about the current site was positive, it became apparent that there were some very clear areas for improvement. These included: more extensive coverage of the 2nd XI, the need for navigation to be more intuitive and the importance of news stories remaining on the home page for longer. The results also showed that the site was not responsive and that the mobile site was dated.
After analysing this data the Club focused the re-design on four core areas:
- News– how to best publish news stories across all sectors of the Club for a variety of audiences
- Match Day Updates– Focus on a “MATCH CENTRE” in order to display information in a way that will keep supporters on the website and discourage them from using other sites. This would also involve increasing coverage of the 2nd
- Visiting the Club– Improve the layout of all the important pre match-day Information based around the customer journey both on match-days and non-match-days.
- Responsiveness– design a fully responsive site to work across all mediums.
In addition to these core areas, a number of new features have been introduced including:
- Improved links with OPTA to provide wider coverage for First XI games including an auto refreshing scoreboard and commentary feed along with a summary board.
- A new and additional partnership with Cricket Archive to provide comprehensive Second XI, Women’s and age-group coverage
- Building the new site on a responsive platform
- The introduction of a website for the Stragglers Coffee House
- News items that are categorised in order to ensure that they stay in a prominent position for longer
Following the launch Somerset’s Head of Commercial Operations, Jez Curwin said: “This is a really exciting move for the Club. The new website looks superb and will be much more user friendly. The casual user will find it much more accessible whilst the genuine cricket fans will no doubt enjoy the new in-depth match centre.
“We would like to thank all the Members and supporters who gave us their feedback plus all the staff from Liquorice who have done a fantastic job putting the new site together.”
The new site was presented to Members last week to universally positive feedback and has been created in association with Liquorice, a leading independently owned full-service marketing communications agency based in Cheltenham.
Somerset CCC have a long history with Liquorice and began working with them in 2011 to completely relaunch the Club Website. During the last six years the two organisations have:
- Worked together on three new redesigns and one website reskin
- Introduced and redesigned the County Ground Taunton Conference & Events website
- Introduced the new Stragglers Coffee House Website
Vicki Smart from Liquorice said: “It’s been an exciting journey developing the new website for Somerset County Cricket Club. We’ve incorporated many ideas and requests from Members whilst making the site as user-friendly and up to date as possible. The new site is slicker, faster and has some great new features. We really feel we’ve produced a website that fans will love!”
Although the new site is now up and running, we are not finished yet! Additional releases and updates will continue to be made to further improve the content along with how and where it is presented. We also continue to welcome your feedback so if you have any thoughts please do let us know by emailing email@example.comBack to News