OSCA Winners recognised at the Cooper Associates County Ground
The winners of the Somerset Cricket Board Outstanding Service to Cricket Awards (OSCA’s) celebrated their success in style on Sunday.
The winners were treated to a special VIP day at the Cooper Associates County Ground as guests of Somerset County Cricket Club for the NatWest T20 Blast match against Glamorgan.
Those present and their guests enjoyed a carvery lunch in the County Room and were presented with their awards on the pitch by Jamie Overton.
All of the volunteers attending the event had been nominated by their club or league for their outstanding contribution to recreational cricket in Somerset.
The awards recognise the volunteers who make cricket possible at clubs and enable the game to be enjoyed by so many at all levels.
Somerset Cricket Board will now submit seven of these OSCA winners to the ECB to be put forward for the National OSCAs event at Lord’s in October.
The full list of Somerset Cricket Board OSCA winners for 2017 is:
- Jer Thompson – Timsbury CC
- Chris Martin – Castle Cary CC
- Iain Hockey – Taunton-St-Andrews CC
- Ali Campbell – Middlezoy CC
- Liz Gunn & Len Gunn – Taunton Deane CC
- Stephen Swinburne – Bagborough CC
- Georgia Tulip – Weston-super-Mare CC
- Damian Price – Ilton CC
- Tony Hardwell – Knowle CC
- Phil Griffiths – Chard CC
- Phil Mortimer – Midsomer Norton CC
- Richard Snell & Jane Snell – Middlezoy CC
- Jason Squire – Taunton Deane CC
- Mervyn Bellamy – Fitzhead CC
- Ian Henderson – Middlezoy CC
- Michael Hadfield – Claverham CC
- Emily Vickery – Taunton CC
- Sam Burgess – Taunton Deane CC
- Amanda Counsell – Huntspill & District CC
Congratulations to all of the volunteers listed above on receipt of your highly deserved OSCA award.
Back to News