SCCC - Updated Coronavirus FAQs
Although the Office at Somerset County Cricket Club is now closed to the public, some staff will still be working from home and will be available to answer telephone calls and respond to emails between 10am and 4pm from Monday to Friday.
However, in order to reduce their workload, and to potentially save you time, we have taken this opportunity to answer the most frequently asked questions that we have received over the last few weeks:
Do we know at this stage what the 2020 season will look like or when it will start?
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has given its approval for the professional men’s county cricket season to begin on 1 August.
The formats to be played during the delayed men’s county season are due to be agreed by the 18 First-Class Counties in early July, with a new fixture schedule to be published thereafter.
A further Somerset County Cricket Club statement with regards to 2020 Membership and Ticketing policies and procedures will be announced in the week commencing Monday 6th July.
How can Members and supporters keep up to date with developments at the Club during this time?
We will be constantly updating our website and social media channels.
As soon as there is anything new to report, you will be able to find out the very latest by visiting these channels. We also have a regular Members Newsletter email which will contain all the latest information.
- Monday 6th July – ECB Announce Update To International Schedule
- Monday 29th June – County Cricket Set To Resume on August 1st
- Friday 26th June – Somerset Return to Training
- Sunday 31st May – CEO Gordon Hollins Interview
- Thursday 28th May – Professional Cricket Delayed Until At Least August
- Thursday 21st May – #TogetherThroughThisTest
- Wednesday 5th May – An Open Letter From CEO Gordon Hollins
- Sunday 26th April – Somerset CCC Virtual Press Conference
- Friday 24th April – Professional Cricket Delayed Until At Least July
- Monday 20th April – Gordon Hollins Interview
Will the Club remain open?
SCCC is following the below operating policy until further notice:
- The Cooper Associates County Ground is currently closed to the public.
- The Club Office in the Andrew Caddick Pavilion is also closed to members of the public until further notice. Please note that response times may be slightly longer, and you may be transferred to a staff member’s mobile phone.
- Our enquiries email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) will also still be operational and staff members will be tasked with answering any questions that you might have.
- Stragglers Coffee House will be closed until further notice.
- The SCCC Shop will be closed until further notice. However, orders can still be placed online via the SCCC Shop web site. Please note that delivery time may be slightly increased due to our reduced staffing
- Any events that were due to take place at the Cooper Associates County Ground between now and the end of August have been postponed or cancelled.
These operating measures will be regularly reviewed and any updates on this situation will be posted on this website and across our social media channels.
The cricket season has now been reduced. Will I get a refund on my tickets that I have purchased?
We are working closely with the ECB to determine the fixture schedule for the 2020 season, when and if, it is safe for cricket to return to the Cooper Associates County Ground. Details of the revised schedule will be communicated to you as soon as it is confirmed.
Tickets purchased for a postponed fixture will be valid for the rearranged fixture or can be transferred to an alternative match in the same competition during 2020 or 2021.
Please note that this service will only be available once the schedule is confirmed and after the Ticket Office reopens. Alternatively, if you are unable to make these revised date(s) a full refund on your ticket(s) can be applied for and will be refunded to the original ticket purchaser via the method in which it was paid for.
Thank you for your invaluable support, patience and understanding.
How will a reduced cricket season affect my Membership?
Whilst we recognise your package will be affected as a result of this delay, it remains difficult for us to make fair and consistent policies with regards to Membership without confirmed information on what the season may look like. Once we do have clarity on what formats may or may not be played and when, we will be able to review this and communicate any decisions made thereafter.
There will be more dedicated information for Members in the week commencing Monday 6th July.
I have a gift voucher for the 2020 season, what should I do now?
We are working closely with the ECB to determine the fixture schedule for 2020 when it is safe for cricket to return to the Cooper Associates County Ground. Details of the revised schedule will be communicated to you as soon as it is confirmed.
Once a new schedule has been confirmed, we will be in touch with all gift voucher purchasers to confirm whether you can attend any of the revised dates this summer. If you are unable to do so, or if the season were to be cancelled in its entirety, we will transfer your outstanding balance onto a 2021 Gift Voucher which can be used the following year.
If your question is not answered on this page then please do contact us on 01823 425301 or email email@example.com
We thank you for your continued patience and support, and hope that you and those close to you are safe and well.Back to News