SCCC Vacancy: Chief Executive Officer
Somerset County Cricket Club: Chief Executive Officer
Somerset County Cricket Club (SCCC) is well established as one of the leading professional cricket clubs in the UK. Winning the Royal London One–Day Cup and finishing as runners-up in the County Championship demonstrates that the Club can compete at the very highest level in all formats of the game.
In addition, the Club has continued to develop young talent, many of whom have already earned representative honours. This success and development have been matched off the field with, for example, new floodlights earning the club the privilege of hosting international cricket this year.
The Cooper Associates County Ground is also a well-known and respected venue which can be utilised 365 days of the year. With previous experience of hosting major concerts as well as a strong conference and events business, off the field, there are further growth and revenue opportunities to be maximised moving forward.
Taken together, Somerset County Cricket Club is an enviably successful club both on and off the field.
To deliver the strategy and lead the Club in all aspects of culture, mission, strategy, annual goals and objectives.
- With the Board, continue to formulate, modify and implement a strategy for the period 2020-2024 that aligns itself with the ECB strategy and support the delivery of a change of governance and constitution
- Ensure effective planning takes place across all business areas of SCCC
- Report to the Board on progress on business performance and on key issues
- Provide effective leadership and management to all staff to ensure cricketing and commercial objectives are met and exceeded
- Oversee all aspects of contractual arrangements for professional players identified by the Director of Cricket
- Work alongside the Somerset Cricket Board Executive Director to develop the functionality of the Somerset Cricket Board.
Finance and Commercial Operations
- Work with the Board and Heads of Department to set and deliver the annual budgets. Ensure SCCC complies with all laws, regulatory standards, guidelines and best practices with regard to its business
- With the Board review the Governance and constitution of SCCC and support the delivery of change
- With the commercial team, set and be accountable to the Board for commercial match day and non-match day revenue and profitability
- Ensure all aspects of SCCC are effectively marketed to maximise media coverage and are recognised in the local community and throughout the cricketing world
- Develop effective working relationships/partnerships with SCCC’s key stakeholders
- To manage and deliver future ground development plans.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record in managing and leading a business to include formulating a corporate strategy, and through an executive team, delivering growth and achieving agreed commercial objectives. Ideally this will be supported by a relevant qualification.
You will also demonstrate sound commercial and financial acumen. Evidence will include the presentation of business case ahead of an investment decision and the ongoing scrutiny of such a programme ahead of a successful financial return.
Experience of sport is not a pre-requisite but the ability to appreciate the professional game, its possible future developments and the implications for SCCC is critical.
Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities associated with the role of Chief Executive
This is a demanding interpersonal role because there are so many stakeholders so an abundance of enthusiasm, patience and, above all, leadership is required.
You will of course demonstrate success in managing a team of managers.
This enticing leadership role carries a competitive package in line with your desire and ambition. You will have the full support of a progressive committee that seeks to build on the Club’s track record and profile within the game to ensure that the challenges and opportunities of the future are capitalised upon.
Somerset will continue to develop skills and personal horizons; players are encouraged and developed to play for England. The same goes for the CEO and they will be supported to take the Club forward on all fronts.
If you have a track record of leadership and commercial success and relish this challenge, please send your CV including salary details to: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to News