School of the month 2019
After the success of last year’s School of the Month Competition, Somerset County Cricket Club and Somerset Cricket Board are delighted to be able to announce that the initiative will once again be running in 2019.
The scheme is designed to reward primary schools who most value cricket and the skills that it teaches both on and off the pitch.
SCCC and SCB will be recognising and rewarding schools who, amongst other things:
- use cricket within their curriculum
- run lunchtime or after school clubs
- use cricket in their classrooms
- run competitions within school
Each month one school will be selected by a panel at the SCB and that school will receive:
- a coaching session in the Centre of Cricketing Excellence
- a behind the scenes tour of the Cooper Associates County Ground
- a Q&A session with a member of Somerset County Cricket Club’s squad
The winning schools so far in 2019 have been:
- Hutton C of E Primary School
- Bathwick St Mary Church Primary School.
SCB Youth Development Manager, Scott Chappell said: “It’s fantastic to be able to reward schools who truly value cricket and all the life skills that it teaches their pupils.
“Through our work with Chance to Shine we deliver cricket in over 150 schools each year and get to see first-hand how highly school’s value cricket. By working in partnership with the County Cricket Club it is great to be able to reward some of these schools with a once in a lifetime opportunity.”
Schools can be nominated by head teachers, teachers, parents, governors, coaches or anyone else who feels that their school deserves recognition.
To nominate your school just email email@example.com with a paragraph outlining why your school deserves to be Somerset Cricket School of the Month.
Back to News