SCHOOLS SELECTED FOR WOMEN’S IT20 TRI-SERIES PRESENTATION COMPETITION
The six schools for the Women’s IT20 Tri-Series Presentation Competition have now been selected after Somerset County Cricket Club and Somerset Cricket Board teamed up to offer local schools this amazing opportunity.
The schools drawn out of the hat by James Hildreth were:
- Milford Junior School, Yeovil
- Greenfylde First School, Ilminster
- Fairlands Middle School, Cheddar
- West Chinnock Primary School, Crewkerne
- Kingsmoor Primary School, Bawdrip
- St Pauls Junior School, Shepton Mallet
As well as receiving free coaching sessions, these schools will get a tour of the Cooper Associates County Ground, meet the players, present their projects to some of the most important people at Somerset County Cricket Club and also play cricket in the Centre of Excellence!
What Schools have to do now:
The six schools have been allocated either England, South Africa or New Zealand to study.
The six schools will now create a 10-minute presentation on that country which will be delivered by up to 10 pupils.
The title of this presentation will be: “The Culture of Cricket”. This may cover any aspect including: history, geography, religion, exports, culture, cricket history, importance of the sport within the community etc.
The presentation will be made on May 23rd in the Long Room at the Cooper Associates County Ground to a panel that will include: Somerset County Cricket Club’s Head of Marketing & Communications, SCCC’s Media & Community Executive and Somerset Cricket Board’s Youth Development Manager.
Schools will also receive:
- Six weeks of school curriculum coaching for two classes
- Entry to a competition at a local cricket club
- A coaching session, ground tour and Q&A with players on the day of the presentation
- 35 Tickets to the Women’s IT20 Tri-Series matches between South Africa and New Zealand plus England v South Africa on Wednesday June 20th
The school that gives the best presentation will receive two tickets for each member of the winning team (plus five staff tickets) for the T20 Blast fixture between Somerset and Hampshire at the Cooper Associates County Ground on August 1st.
Back to News