Somerset have 8 named in south west squad for Super 4s
Eight young cricketers from the Somerset Pathway have been selected for the South West Super 4s squad, which will play against the three other regions next week at the National High performance centre in Loughborough.
Steve Snell the Academy Director said: “I am delighted for the players that have been selected, it is a testament to how hard they have worked up to this point. The supers 4s week is a huge opportunity to showcase their potential on a national stage.
“Tom Banton and Tom Lammonby have played at the festival in recent years and I’m sure that this current crop of players are looking to emulate their progress so far. Everyone at Somerset wishes them the very best!”
The players who have been selected are:
- Will Smeed an Under 16 batsman on the Academy
- Lewis Goldsworthy an Under 17 spinning all rounder on the Academy
- Sam Young an Under 17 batsman who is on the Academy
- Ned Leonard an Under 16 paceman on the Academy
- Kasey Aldridge an Under 17 Bowling all-rounder right arm seamer on PSPP programme
- Julius Sumerauer an Under 17 right arm seamer on PSPP programme
- Tom Hall an Under 16 bowling all rounder right arm seamer On EPP programme
- Charley Reed an Under 17 wicket-keeper/batsman on the Academy.
All of the players named above are in the Somerset Under 17 side that plays against their Surrey counterparts in the ECB 3 day competition starting at North Perrott Cricket Club on Tuesday at 11am.
Entry and parking is free at North Perrott and refreshments are available. Those attending may wish to take their own seats along.Back to News