There's still time to make your Championship predictions
So, you think you know your cricket do you?
Somerset County Cricket Club have teamed up with our Principal County Championship partner WPA Health Insurance to give Somerset supporters the chance to test their cricket knowledge and win some fabulous prizes in the official WPA 2021 County Championship Predictions League.
To stand a chance of winning, all you have to do is predict a number of key milestones ahead of the 2021 County Championship season.
Will Lewis Gregory be Somerset’s leading wicket-taker? Will Somerset win the 2021 County Championship? Will James Hildreth score the most runs across the season?
Of all those people who have entered so far:
- 73% of people predict Somerset will take part in the Bob Willis Trophy
- 43% predict Tom Abell will be our highest run scorer
- 61% think Craig Overton will be the leading wicket taker
- 64% believe Somerset will win a red-ball trophy this season
- 42 people think there will be a hat-trick for a Somerset bowler this season
- There is currently a 50/50 split as to whether a Somerset batsman will score a hundred at a strike rate of over 100
If you know better, enter now!
A Somerset CCC first, this simple but fun challenge gives supporters the chance to predict whether:
- Will Somerset win a red-ball trophy this year?
- Who will Somerset’s leading run-scorer be?
- Will there be a Somerset hat-trick this season?
- Will Somerset score 500 runs in an innings?
At the end of the campaign, the supporter who gets closest to matching the on-field performance will win:
- A free SCCC Membership for the 2022 season
- A signed County Championship shirt
- Your prizes presented to you by Club Captain, Tom Abell
Entries close at midnight on April 7th, the day before our first County Championship match.
Please note that if more than one player gets every prediction correct, a winner will be picked at random. Please only submit one entry per email address.Back to News