Vacancy: Conference & Event Sales Executive
Job Title: Conference & Event Sales Executive
Accountable to: Commercial Director
Contract and hours: Full-time role
Somerset County Cricket Club is one of eighteen professional First Class County Cricket Clubs in England & Wales. It is a club deeply rooted in its community and one that offers huge reach regionally, nationally and internationally. The Cooper Associates County Ground is home to this highly successful club and as well as being a Centre of Excellence for cricket in the South-West, the venue hosts almost 50 days of cricket each year and delivers numerous conferences and events. As a Club, we have bold ambitions both on and off the field, including the desire to inspire more people to participate in cricket and make the Cooper Associates County Ground a 365 day venue and the primary sporting and business destination in the region.
The Role – Principle Responsibilities and Tasks
Due to the exciting possibility of re-opening our doors to visitors, we are pleased to advertise for a Conference and Events Executive to generate income from events and conference hire.
The ideal candidate will display a passion for the events industry and have a strong track record in sales with a solid background in event delivery and logistics. You will be pro-active, hardworking, and able to work under your own initiative.
With a strong commercial mind, you will be able to identify opportunities for revenue growth and then strategically plan to deliver on these opportunities. In this multi-faceted role, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills and display a high level of organisation and project management ability.
The Skills and Knowledge
This role requires good listening and communication skills to manage your own business as well as work within a team.
- Relevant Event sales experience
- Demonstrable experience and success in sales.
- Driven to improve sales and activity performance beyond targets.
- Outstanding organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A self-starter, with a tenacious attitude and passion for success, who is highly resourceful and self-sufficient.
- Effective communicator, with strong interpersonal, listening, negotiation and objection handling skills.
- Excellent networking ability, ensuring effective relationship management.
- Experienced in executing high quality proposal documents and emails.
- Ability and confidence to make cold calls to generate new customer relationships.
- Willingness to work flexibly.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
This is an exciting opportunity for a hard-working, committed individual ready to develop in their career.
The ideal candidate should be passionate, motivated and comfortable with a pro-active, new business approach. You must have outstanding communication skills, be a natural networker, display resilience and be able to ensure a positive outlook at all times. You should be professional, trustworthy and confident in working with and liaising with a wide range of stakeholders. We are looking for a salesperson who is target driven. You will be a team player who loves to win. You will be naturally curious, and a self-starter always looking for new commercial opportunities.
To download the full job description please click here.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is May 17th with interviews being held shortly thereafter.Back to News