Vacancy: Matchday Stewards
Job Title: Matchday Stewards
Accountable to: Event Safety Officer
Contract and hours: Part-time role
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Somerset County Cricket Club is a highly successful and varied sporting organisation that hosts almost 50 days of First-Class cricket, numerous Conferences and Events throughout the year as well as playing an important role in the local community.
In normal years the Ground is also utilised for many other events such as Concerts and Open-Air Cinema evenings.
The Role – Principle Responsibilities and Tasks
One of the country’s leading First-Class County Clubs, Somerset County Cricket Club are looking for enthusiastic and professional individuals to become match day stewards at the Cooper Associates County Ground.
Successful applicants would take an active role in ensuring the safety of all those attending fixtures at The Cooper Associates County Ground through a number of match day stewarding roles, including stand stewards, gate stewards, corporate stewards & turnstile operators.
Key responsibilities will include
- Assuming responsibility on behalf of the Club for ensuring the safety and security of those attending events at The Cooper Associates County Ground
- Reporting to the Ground at the time specified by the Safety Management Team
- Undertaking pre and post-match safety checks in the Ground and reporting any identified issues
- Assisting in the safe operation of the Ground at all times
- Maintaining a positive and proactive approach to the role to assist the Club in delivering the highest standards of customer service and spectator safety
- Responding to emergencies, raising the alarm and taking the necessary immediate actions
- Effective liaison with facility & security teams
- Providing basic emergency first aid
- Undertaking all necessary training and assessment relating to the role
The Skills and Knowledge
- Proven experience in customer service
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Able to work under pressure and think on your feet for hours at a time.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all guest types.
- Ability to work under pressure and solve problems in a calm and methodical manner and use your own initiative.
An understanding of cricket etiquette is preferable and an NVQ Level 2 Spectator Safety qualification is desirable, however full training will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who likes to work within a fast-paced and unpredictable yet rewarding environment.
The ideal candidate should possess clear communication skills, patience and attentiveness to ensure spectator safety. You must be able to think on your feet and work well within a team, ensuring effective communication with all staff members and visitors of Somerset CCC.
If you are interested in becoming a steward please email your CV for the attention of Paul Cox to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Monday 10th May with interviews being held shortly thereafter.Back to News