Somerset County Cricket Club is determined to provide excellent facilities for all supporters in order to allow them to enjoy matches and other events at The Cooper Associates County Ground.
Whilst the disabled supporter(s) will be required to pay full price for their membership(s) or ticket(s), carer’s admission will be provided free of the admission charge. Please note, carer’s will only be given free access to the Cooper Associates County Ground when with the disabled supporter.
There are up to eight designated disabled car parking spaces on site and these will be allocated via a ballot system. For more information, please contact the Main Office on 01845 337 1875.
Due to the limited car parking on site; we are unable to guarantee any further parking spaces. However, our Stewards will try to accommodate you where possible and disabled spectators may be dropped off within the Ground.
For a map of the local Car Parks within Taunton, please click on the following external link: Car Park Map
Match tickets / memberships can be purchased at normal prices through the regular channels.
Match day commentary is available as follows:
- Live commentary of Matches is available through BBC Radio Somerset and streamed online through the BBC Website. We also have a limited number of tablets available to hire free of charge from the Andrew Caddick Pavilion.
- The Public Address system will give live scores and updates of key developments during the match
- Guide dogs are permitted within the Ground. Please can we ask that any dog mess is tidied up immediately and deposited in the bins provided.
Should any assistance be required top reach your seat or any facility, please contact the nearest steward who will make arrangements for assistance to be made available.
A hearing loop has been installed in both the County Room and the Long Room, for meetings and events.
Hearing dogs are permitted within the ground. Please can we ask that any dogs mess is tidied up immediately and deposited in the bins provided.
There is a wide array of seating available for ambulant disabled supporters, at a variety of locations, heights and angles. These areas include:
- The County Room Terrace (elevated – members only)
- The Long Room and first floor terrace (elevated, access via lift – Long Room members only)
- Forward of the Andrew Caddick Pavilion (ground level)
- The Ondaatje Pavilion Corporate Boxes (elevated, access via lift – hospitality only).
- Ground level between the Marcus Trescothick Stand and Sir Ian Botham Stand
- Ground level between the Sir Ian Botham Stand and the Colin Atkinson Pavilion
- Ground level between the Ondaatje Stand and the temporary portacabins
- The Sir Ian Botham Stand; ground level, seats at first floor (elevated, access via lift – although a members area, non-members accepted), corporate boxes at second floor (elevated, access via lift – hospitality only).
For the 2018 season, we would be grateful if all ambulant disabled supporters entered via either the Priory Bridge Road or St James Street entrance in order to ensure safe movement around the ground.
All the main pavilions and stands are equipped with dedicated toilet facilities for the disabled.
If you have further suggestions as to how we can improve our service, please contact the Commercial Office on 0845 337 1875 or email: email@example.com